Art Prints

Monday, January 10, 2011

"Sasha" Palette Knife Oil Nude On Abstract Copper Background Modern Figurative Painting by Amy Tuso

48"x30"x1.5"
Gallery Wrapped

To learn more and view under magnification click here.

"Sasha" whispered her name to me as I was working on her facial features...and it just fit!

This painting is unique for me as it is the first time I was guided to use a palette knife while working on a human body.  As I was applying the oil with the knife and scraping the canvas the layering effect that was created astounded me.  Click here to view it under magnification.

The only brush work is in her facial, hair and necklace detailing.

It was extremely difficult to capture the true tones through the camera.  If you live in the Scottsdale area and would like to view "Sasha" in person, contact me to set up an appointment for a studio visit.

Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day....Amy