Art Prints

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cocktails at 7

10" x 8"
Acrylic
"Cocktails at 7" is a whimsical acrylic of a mighty saguaro enjoying margarita's at the end of another productive day.
At the end of this Thursday, I am breathing a contented sigh from a very productive day. I am near the end of working on a large oil painting that has gone very slowly just because of it's intricacy. It needs a few days to dry prior to me painting the final touches. Sitting back examining it...I have to say I am pleased. It is very different and almost pulsates when you view it.
I also am very near the end of a smaller oil that I started earlier this week and I absolutely love it. It is a very colorful sunset from our recent vacation in Oceanside, CA. It takes me back to the peaceful energy of the sea.
Earlier this week I prepped a large canvas with a heavy texture compound and laid down the first colors and glaze on it today. It is an abstract and I can't wait to get back to working on it tomorrow!
Painting truly has been my escape today and has helped me to center myself after an attempt from an unscrupulous person who tried to steal a painting and money from me. I have handed my disappointment of this nasty person over to God and know that they will be confronted one day. It is very disappointing in this world that greed is so prevelant. On the other hand, I am thankful for the lesson learned.
Be careful out there...the goolies are out...Happy Halloween!