Art Prints

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Group Ad In American Art Collector~April Edition

36"x12"x1.5"
Textural, Acrylic Original

This is the Daily Painters Abstract Gallery group ad that I am featuring "Reaching" in.

"Reaching" is a complex piece of artwork. I first laid down a compound on the gallery wrapped canvas that adds great textural features.  Sculpting and imprinting is the next phase adding more textural aspects.  From there my intuitive instincts take over with color and blending all the while creating a constant movement and flow through the piece.  Layers of acrylics and glaze are applied adding luminousity and depth through the colors.  I complete the piece with painting the edges of the painting and working an antique feeling around and over into the painting itself.  The creative process takes 2 to 3 exciting days!

If you are interested in this piece, please go to my website were you can get a better view of this beautifully texturized original.  My website allows magnification so you can move across the piece to really see details.

Have a blessed day...Amy©