Art Prints

Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Ruff Road" ~ Amy Tuso ~ Fountain Hills, AZ©

36"x36"x1.5"
"Ruff Road"

I recently have discovered a new joy in my artwork. That is working with texture and pulling the luminescence from within the paints. Creating in this manner allows more of my emotions to flow into each piece. The happy surprise within this method is that the artwork begs to be touched and because each piece is glazed multiple times, touching cannot damage or soil the art.

"Ruff Road" has joined my "Please Touch" series and is absolutely wonderful when your hand is allowed to interpret the power and emotion in this piece.

If you have been following my blog, you are aware that a few weeks ago while my husband and I were enjoying the serenity of our home one evening, we had the misfortune of an home invasion by a lost soul. I refer to this person as a "lost soul" because if they truly honored the gift that God has given them in this lifetime, they would honor thyself with greater respect and would not allow the drug choices that now drives their life.

I am still processing the terror and purging it from my mind and body. It is a process and one I'm realizing that is going to take some time. The intense adrenaline rush that flowed through me for 2 days and 2 nights has left behind some ill effects on me. I ache. Not only my body, but my heart. The "young shy child" that resides in my soul is still frightened and the nights seem endless. A process that I must walk through and to the other side. I'm walking. I'm painting. I'm regaining my joy but mostly I'm being patient with myself and finding comfort in knowing that He is watching over us. Prayer allows me to fall back asleep in the middle of the night and I thank God for his protection.

"Ruff Road" was created through my healing process and the luminescent light shines through.

Please experience the other pieces in my "Please Touch" series that can be seen on my website in the "New Work" gallery.

God bless!

Amy