Art Prints

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Rising" Colorfully Vibrant Textural Lines Imprinted Acrylic Abstract Daily Painting By Southwest Artist Amy Tuso

24"x24"x1.5"
Acrylic with Texture that is Carved, Sculpted and Inprinted
UV Glazed~Gallery Wrapped
$500 via PayPal at http://www.amytuso.com/

My creative process for this beautifully textured acrylic is so freely fun!
I begin with a sturdy cotton, gallery wrapped canvas and apply a texture compound with a large palette knife pushing and pulling the medium to various thicknesses allowing the knife to create the first layer of textures.

I proceeded to carve and sculpt the linear aspects and than took out my basket of tools to inprint grids in interesting positions before laying the canvas to cure.

Layers of acrylic and glazes were applied playing with colors, tones, hues and light values.  This process allows for the beautiful blends and pulls of colors to emerge.  Golden copper metallic acrylic gently kissed the grids giving the appearance of an actual wire inlay.

I finished the 1/2" gallery wrapped sides with a burnished purple and allowed that color to wrap over and onto the front of the painting as another layer of glaze creating an aged appearance.  As with all of my artwork, my final step is applying a UV Glaze as protection.

You can view this painting with magnification via my website.  Just click on the magnifier and move it across the image to gain appreciation of the colors and textures.


Daily Painter from Fountain Hills Arizona
Amy Tuso