Art Prints

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Colorado Haystacks" ~ Colorful Mountains and Farmland Art Barn Oil Painting Western Art ~ Arizona Artist Amy Tuso

18" x 24" x 1.5"
"Colorado Haystakes"

An Oil Painting In-Progress

The background of this oil painting is dry enough that I am able to continue working on it.  I thought it would be fun to share a few stages with you, and so here it is after 3 different sittings/workings.  Today I will devote much time in creating subtle details and I will post the results with my next entry.

The idea for this oil painting came from a road trip on our Harley last summer.  We were headed from Scottsdale, AZ to Crested Butte, CO.  When we are taking motorcycle toad trips we always travel the back roads of America.  It is in doing so that we get to see and feel all the beauty that surrounds us.  I always have my camera in my jacket pocket and take numerous photos. 

This particular painting is a result of a combination of 3 photos.  I really feel it has great potential and also, as I'm working on it...I can almost...almost feel the wind on my skin and smell the freshly cut fields.

May you day be one filled with heightened senses, light, peace and love...Amy©

To see more of my artwork, please visit my website. I do not have prices listed on my site as I like to have the buyers suggest to me what they would like to pay...a happy ending for all!


"Dancing in the rain isn't something that most of us are born knowing how to do. We learn it. We learn it from others; we learn it from Life. The more we dance, the better we get at it." BJ Gallagher