Art Prints

Friday, December 18, 2009

"3 Tone Blue Barn" ~ Amy Tuso

"3 Tone Blue Barn"
24"x30"x1.5"
Oil with Copper

With Christmas a week away my thoughts drift back to my childhood with all the anticipation and joy that surrounded the holidays. I am the youngest of 3, so the secret of Santa Claus did not last very long for me as my sisters took great joy in spilling the truth. However, the magic never died! We grew up in a small rural town in Southern New Jersey and for the first 6 years of my life, my paternal grandparents, aunt and uncle, and great-aunt and uncle lived a few blocks away. My maternal grandparents were close by as well, so the holidays always had a house full of relatives and friends. It was a very special time for sure.

My maternal grandparents were chicken farmers and therefore had a barn and several coops, along with a small home for the farmhand. So barns have a piece of my heart. They are comforting to me but yet represent what can be accomplished with hard, diligent work.

As you are preparing for next weeks celebration, take a moment and allow yourself the experience the joy and happy memories from your Christmases past.

Have a great weekend and remember to enjoy all the holiday scurrying!

Peace, love and light...Amy©

www.amytuso.com

Amy Tuso ~ Daily Painter from the Desert Southwest