Art Prints

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"Female Sculptured Cast" ~ Amy Tuso ~ Arizona

This body cast was extremely fun to create - from the actual casting to creating the aged leather patina.
Yesterday I had the pleasure of having lunch with an old friend and of course calorie intake became subject of conversation prior to ordering. To me, it just seems to diminish the pleasure of "breaking bread" with someone. Our society has become so hypercritical of how a woman should look that it really has set up some unreachable "norms" if you will.
I believe that as we age it is much more gracefully kind to our souls if we accept this process as badges. I have earned every single wrinkle, frown and smile line that graces my face. As far as my middle aged body...it is what it is and my husband loves the cuddliness of me.
Enjoy this blessed day and embrace your genuine self!
Peace, Amy